Compliments brand Smoked Beef Pastrami recalled due to Listeria monocytogenes
- Starting date:
- November 22, 2020
- Type of communication:
- Alert sub-type:
- Food Recall Warning
- Microbiological - Listeria
- Hazard classification:
- Class 1
- Source of recall:
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Recalling firm:
- Levitts Foods (Canada) Inc.
- Alberta, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Possibly National
- Extent of the product distribution:
- CFIA reference number:
Ottawa, November 22, 2020 - Levitts Foods (Canada) Inc. is recalling Compliments brand Smoked Beef Pastrami from the marketplace due to possible Listeria monocytogenes contamination. Consumers should not consume the recalled product described below.
|Compliments||Smoked Beef Pastrami||175 g||0 68820 13360 5||BEST BEFORE 2020/DE/25
What you should do
If you think you became sick from consuming a recalled product, call your doctor.
Check to see if you have the recalled product in your home. Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
Food contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes may not look or smell spoiled but can still make you sick. Symptoms can include vomiting, nausea, persistent fever, muscle aches, severe headache and neck stiffness. Pregnant women, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems are particularly at risk. Although infected pregnant women may experience only mild, flu-like symptoms, the infection can lead to premature delivery, infection of the newborn or even stillbirth. In severe cases of illness, people may die.
- Learn more about the health risks
- Sign up for recall notifications by email and follow us on social media
- View our detailed explanation of the food safety investigation and recall process
- Report a food safety or labelling concern
Who is affected
There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of this product.
This recall was triggered by Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) test results. The CFIA is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products. If other high-risk products are recalled, the CFIA will notify the public through updated Food Recall Warnings.
The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing the recalled product from the marketplace.
Select thumbnail to enlarge - opens in a new window
- Company information
- Levitts Foods (Canada) Inc.: Simon Larochelle, 514-367-1654
- Public enquiries
- Toll-free: 1-800-442-2342 (Canada and U.S.)
Telephone: 1-613-773-2342 (local or international)
- Media relations
- Telephone: 613-773-6600