Co-op Gold Pure brand Almond Butter – Crunchy Roasted recalled due to undeclared cashew and hazelnut
- Starting date:
- April 9, 2021
- Type of communication:
- Alert sub-type:
- Updated Food Recall Warning (Allergen)
- Allergen - Tree Nut
- Hazard classification:
- Class 1
- Source of recall:
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Recalling firm:
- Federated Co-Operatives Ltd.
- Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Nunavut, Possibly National, Saskatchewan, Northwest Territories, Yukon
- Extent of the product distribution:
- CFIA reference number:
Ottawa, April 9, 2021 - The food recall warning issued on March 20, 2021 has been updated to include additional product information. This additional information was identified during the Canadian Food Inspection Agency's (CFIA) food safety investigation.
Federated Co-operatives Ltd. is recalling Co-op Gold Pure brand Almond Butter â Crunchy Roasted because it may contain cashew and hazelnut which are not declared on the label. People with an allergy to cashew or hazelnut should not consume the recalled product described below.
|Co-op Gold Pure||Almond Butter â Crunchy Roasted||500 g||0 57316 16814 6||All codes where cashew and hazelnut are not declared on the label|
What you should do
Check to see if you have the recalled product in your home. Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
If you have an allergy to cashew or hazelnut, do not consume the recalled product as it may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction.
- Learn more about common food allergies
- Sign up for recall notifications by email and follow us on social media
- View our detailed explanation of the food safety investigation and recall process
- Report a food safety or labelling concern
Who is affected
There has been one reported reaction associated with the consumption of this product.
This recall was triggered by a consumer complaint. The CFIA is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products. If other high-risk products are recalled, the CFIA will notify the public through updated Food Recall Warnings.
The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing the recalled product from the marketplace.
Select thumbnail to enlarge - opens in a new window
- Public enquiries
- Toll-free: 1-800-442-2342 (Canada and U.S.)
Telephone: 1-613-773-2342 (local or international)
- Media relations
- Telephone: 613-773-6600