Co-op Gold Pure brand Almond Butter – Crunchy Roasted recalled due to undeclared cashew
- Starting date:
- February 27, 2021
- Type of communication:
- Alert sub-type:
- Food Recall Warning (Allergen)
- Allergen - Tree Nut
- Hazard classification:
- Class 2
- Source of recall:
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Recalling firm:
- Federated Co-operatives Ltd.
- Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Northwest Territories, Saskatchewan
- Extent of the product distribution:
- CFIA reference number:
Ottawa, February 27, 2021 - Federated Co-operatives Ltd. is recalling Co-op Gold Pure brand Almond Butter â Crunchy Roasted from the marketplace because it may contain cashew which is not declared on the label. People with an allergy to cashew should not consume the recalled product described below.
|Co-op Gold Pure||Almond Butter â Crunchy Roasted||500 g||0 57316 16814 6||LOT# 200276
Best Before 30 MAY 2021
What you should do
Check to see if you have the recalled product in your home. Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
If you have an allergy to cashew, do not consume the recalled product as it may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction.
- Learn more about common food allergies
- Sign up for recall notifications by email and follow us on social media
- View our detailed explanation of the food safety investigation and recall process
- Report a food safety or labelling concern
Who is affected
There has been one reported reaction associated with the consumption of this product.
This recall was triggered by a consumer complaint. The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products. If other high-risk products are recalled, the CFIA will notify the public through updated Food Recall Warnings.
The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing the recalled product from the marketplace.
Select thumbnail to enlarge - opens in a new window
- Public enquiries
- Toll-free: 1-800-442-2342 (Canada and U.S.)
Telephone: 1-613-773-2342 (local or international)
- Media relations
- Telephone: 613-773-6600