Butcher's Selection brand Stampede Chicken Burgers recalled due to undeclared egg
- Starting date:
- March 21, 2018
- Type of communication:
- Alert sub-type:
- Updated Food Recall Warning (Allergen)
- Allergen - Egg
- Hazard classification:
- Class 1
- Source of recall:
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Recalling firm:
- Erie Meat Products Limited
- New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Possibly National, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Newfoundland and Labrador
- Extent of the product distribution:
- CFIA reference number:
- Advisory details
- What you should do
- Who is affected
- Affected products
- Related AWRs
- Media enquiries
Ottawa, March 21, 2018 - The food recall warning issued on March 16, 2018 has been updated to include additional distribution information. This additional information was identified during the Canadian Food Inspection Agency's (CFIA) food safety investigation.
Erie Meat Products Ltd. is recalling Butcher's Selection brand Stampede Chicken Burgers from the marketplace because they may contain egg which is not declared on the label. People with an allergy to egg should not consume the recalled product described below.
What you should do
Check to see if you have recalled products in your home. Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
If you have an allergy to egg, do not consume the recalled product as it may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction.
- Learn more about common food allergies
- Sign up for recall notifications by email, follow us on Twitter, or join the CFIA community on Facebook
- View our detailed explanation of the food safety investigation and recall process
Who is affected
There have been no reported reactions associated with the consumption of this product.
This recall was triggered by CFIA test results. The CFIA is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products. If other high-risk products are recalled, the CFIA will notify the public through updated Food Recall Warnings.
The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing recalled product from the marketplace.
|Brand name||Common name||Size||Code(s) on product||UPC|
|Butcher's Selection||Stampede Chicken Burgers||1.4 kg||All codes where egg is not declared on the label||8 29810 93280 2|
Select thumbnail to enlarge - opens in a new window
- CFIA Media Relations