Viana brand Veggie Cevapcici recalled due to undeclared almond
Do not consume recalled products to which you are allergic or sensitive.
|Viana||Veggie Cevapcici||200 g||8 78397 00406 8||31/3/23|
The affected product is being recalled from the marketplace because it contains almond which is not declared on the label.
The recalled product has been sold in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, and Quebec and may have been distributed in other provinces and territories.
What you should do
- Check to see if you have recalled products
- Do not consume recalled products to which you are allergic or sensitive as they may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction
- Do not serve, use, sell or distribute recalled products
- Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the location where they were purchased
This recall was triggered by Canadian Food Inspection Agency test results.
There have been no reported reactions associated with the consumption of this product.
What is being done
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products.
The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing recalled products from the marketplace.
Tofutown North America, Inc.
Media and public enquiries
- Company information
- Tofutown North America, Inc.
- Public enquiries
- Toll-free: 1-800-442-2342 (Canada and U.S.)
Telephone: 1-613-773-2342 (local or international)
- Media relations
- Telephone: 613-773-6600