Various poppy seeds recalled due to Salmonella
Do not consume, use, sell, serve, or distribute the recalled products
|None||Poppy Seeds Organic||Various sizes||Starting with 0204077||AU.10.21||Sold at:
Dutch House Farm Store
670 Talbot Road,
|None||Poppy seeds||300 g||628384904327||None||Sold at:
Oak Manor Organic
756907 Oxford Rd 5
|Wahu||Bagel Seasoning mix with Himalayan Pink Salt||70 g||628011424532||All packages sold from June 2020-June 2021||Sold at:
- Simply for Life, 150 Nipissing Rd unit 5, Milton, (Ontario); and -Keto Girl Bakes, 1900 Lakeshore Rd W, Mississauga, (Ontario); and
- online at www.Ennato.ca
|Wahu||Bagel Seasoning mix with Chili Flakes||70 g||628011424075||All packages sold from June 2020-June 2021||Sold at:
- Simply for Life, 150 Nipissing Rd unit 5, Milton, (Ontario); and -Keto Girl Bakes, 1900 Lakeshore Rd W, Mississauga, (Ontario) ; and - online at www.Ennato.ca
|Wahu||Bagel Seasoning mix with Lime and Pepper||70 g||628011424174||All packages sold from June 2020-June 2021||Sold at:
- Simply for Life, 150 Nipissing Rd unit 5, Milton, (Ontario);
- Keto Girl Bakes, 1900 Lakeshore Rd W, Mississauga, (Ontario) ; and
- online at www.Ennato.ca
|Wahu||Poppy Seeds||150 g||628011424068||Best Before Date: June 2021||Sold online at www.Ennato.ca|
|None||Poppy Seeds Organic||Various||None||All packages sold from May 2021 to March 2022||Sold at:
Penny's Pantry, 10 Elizabeth St, Picton, (Ontario)
|None||Poppy Seeds Organic||Various (sold from bulk)||None||Sold in June 2020||Sold at:
St Ambrose Honey, 25 Gravel Road RR#2 Warkworth, (Ontario)
|None||Poppy Seeds Organic||Various (sold from bulk)||None||Sold from March 2021 to February 2022||Sold from The Granary, 107 Bridge Street Carleton Place, (Ontario)|
|None||Poppy Seeds Organic||Various (sold from bulk)||None||Sold from March 2021 to March 2022||Sold from Herb and Spice, 375 Bank Street, Ottawa (Ontario)|
|None||Organic Poppy Seeds||250 g||None||Sold from March 2020 to February 2021||Sold from Natural Food Pantry, 2269 Riverside Drive Unit # 168 Ottawa (Ontario)|
Industry is recalling various poppy seeds from the marketplace due to possible Salmonella contamination.
The recalled products have been sold as indicated in the table.
What you should do
- If you think you became sick from consuming a recalled product, call your doctor
- Check to see if you have the recalled products in your home
- Do not consume the recalled products
- Do not serve, use, sell, or distribute the recalled products
- Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the location where they were purchased
Food contaminated with Salmonella may not look or smell spoiled but can still make you sick. Young children, pregnant women, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems may contract serious and sometimes deadly infections. Healthy people may experience short-term symptoms such as fever, headache, vomiting, nausea, abdominal cramps and diarrhea. Long-term complications may include severe arthritis.
This recall was triggered by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency's inspection activities.
There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of these products.
What is being done
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products. If other high-risk products are recalled, the CFIA will notify the public through updated food recall warnings.
The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing the recalled products from the marketplace.
Dutch House Farms, Oak Manor Farms, Wahu Foods Inc., Penny's Pantry, St. Ambrose Honey, The Granary Inc., Sugar Ridge Inc., Natural Food Pantry, Herb & Spice Shop
Media and public enquiries
- Public enquiries
- Toll-free: 1-800-442-2342 (Canada and U.S.)
Telephone: 1-613-773-2342 (local or international)
- Media relations
- Telephone: 613-773-6600