Valentine Eruption Cake sold by Save-On-Foods recalled due to undeclared almonds and walnuts
- Starting date:
- February 19, 2021
- Type of communication:
- Alert sub-type:
- Food Recall Warning (Allergen)
- Allergen - Tree Nut
- Hazard classification:
- Class 1
- Source of recall:
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Recalling firm:
- Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Yukon
- Extent of the product distribution:
- CFIA reference number:
Ottawa, February 19, 2021 - Save-On-Foods is recalling Valentine Eruption Cake from the marketplace because it contains almonds and walnuts which are not declared on the label. People with an allergy to almonds or walnuts should not consume the recalled product described below.
|None â sold by Save-on-Foods||Valentine Eruption Cake||325 g||0 062639 454456||All best before dates up to and including 2021.FE.23|
What you should do
Check to see if you have the recalled product in your home. Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
If you have an allergy to almonds or walnuts, do not consume the recalled product as it may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction.
- Learn more about common food allergies
- Sign up for recall notifications by email and follow us on social media
- View our detailed explanation of the food safety investigation and recall process
- Report a food safety or labelling concern
Who is affected
There have been reported reactions associated with the consumption of this product.
This recall was triggered by the company. The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products. If other high-risk products are recalled, the CFIA will notify the public through updated Food Recall Warnings.
The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing the recalled product from the marketplace.
Select thumbnail to enlarge - opens in a new window
- Public enquiries
- Toll-free: 1-800-442-2342 (Canada and U.S.)
Telephone: 1-613-773-2342 (local or international)
- Media relations
- Telephone: 613-773-6600