Ruffles brand Hot Wings Potato Chips recalled due to undeclared mustard
- Starting date:
- May 5, 2020
- Type of communication:
- Alert sub-type:
- Food Recall Warning (Allergen)
- Allergen - Mustard
- Hazard classification:
- Class 1
- Source of recall:
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Recalling firm:
- Frito Lay Canada
- Quebec, Newfoundland and Labrador
- Extent of the product distribution:
- CFIA reference number:
Last updated: 2020-05-06
Ottawa, May 5, 2020 - Frito Lay Canada is recalling Ruffles brand Hot Wings Potato Chips from the marketplace because they contain mustard which is not declared on the label. People with an allergy to mustard should not consume the recalled product described below.
|Ruffles||Hot Wings Potato Chips||190 g||0 60410 04948 8||JL14
What you should do
Check to see if you have the recalled product in your home. Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
If you have an allergy to mustard, do not consume the recalled product as it may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction.
- Learn more about common food allergies
- Sign up for recall notifications by email and follow us on social media
- View our detailed explanation of the food safety investigation and recall process
- Report a food safety or labelling concern
Who is affected
There have been no reported reactions associated with the consumption of this product.
This recall was triggered by the company. The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products. If other high-risk products are recalled, the CFIA will notify the public through updated Food Recall Warnings.
The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing the recalled product from the marketplace.
Select thumbnail to enlarge - opens in a new window
- Public enquiries
- Toll-free: 1-800-442-2342 (Canada and U.S.)
Telephone: 1-613-773-2342 (local or international)
- Media relations
- Telephone: 613-773-6600