Recall of Cannabis for Medical Purposes - Emblem Cannabis Corp.
- Starting date:
- April 7, 2017
- Type of communication:
- Drug Recall
- Hazard classification:
- Type III
- Source of recall:
- Health Canada
- Labelling and Packaging
- General Public
- Identification number:
On April 7, 2017, Emblem Cannabis Corp., a licensed producer of cannabis for medical purposes located in Ontario, began a voluntary recall of four lots of dried marijuana under a Type III recall. The affected lot numbers can be found below.
On April 7, 2017, Emblem Cannabis Corp. initiated a voluntary Type III recall for four lots of product due to the mislabelling of the cannabidiol (CBD) content of the products. The CBD content identified on the label was higher than the concentration present in the products:
- For lot 6, the products were mislabelled as containing a CBD value of 11.445% instead of 0.585% CBD.
- For lot 9, the products were mislabelled as containing a CBD value of 9.52% instead of 0.459% CBD.
- For lot 53, the products were mislabelled as containing a CBD value of 0.05% instead of
- For lot 66(3), the products were mislabelled as containing a CBD value of 15.052% instead of 0.113% CBD.
A Type III recall refers to a situation in which the use of, or exposure to a product, is not likely to cause any adverse health consequences.
To date, Health Canada has not received any adverse reaction reports for products sold by Emblem Cannabis Corp. However, Health Canada recommends that any individual affected by the recall immediately stop using the recalled product and to contact Emblem Cannabis Corp. at the following number 1-844-546-3633.
DIN, NPN, DIN-HIM
Lot or serial number
The following lots are classified under the Type III recall initiated on April 7, 2017.
- Recalling Firm
Emblem Cannabis Corp.
- Marketing Authorization Holder