Pengsheng brand Oil Preserved Cabbage Leaf recalled due to undeclared sesame
- Starting date:
- August 19, 2020
- Type of communication:
- Alert sub-type:
- Food Recall Warning (Allergen)
- Allergen - Sesame Seeds
- Hazard classification:
- Class 1
- Source of recall:
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Recalling firm:
- Uncle T Foods Inc.
- Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario
- Extent of the product distribution:
- CFIA reference number:
Ottawa, August 19, 2020 - Uncle T Foods Inc. is recalling Pengsheng brand Oil Preserved Cabbage Leaf from the marketplace because it contains sesame which is not declared on the label. People with an allergy to sesame should not consume the recalled product described below.
|Pengsheng (Chinese characters only)||Oil Preserved Cabbage Leaf||450 g||6 922406 898989||All codes where sesame is not declared on the label|
What you should do
Check to see if you have the recalled product in your home. Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
If you have an allergy to sesame, do not consume the recalled product as it may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction.
- Learn more about common food allergies
- Sign up for recall notifications by email and follow us on social media
- View our detailed explanation of the food safety investigation and recall process
- Report a food safety or labelling concern
Who is affected
There have been no reported reactions associated with the consumption of this product.
This recall was triggered by the company. The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products. If other high-risk products are recalled, the CFIA will notify the public through updated Food Recall Warnings.
The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing the recalled product from the marketplace.
- Public enquiries
- Toll-free: 1-800-442-2342 (Canada and U.S.)
Telephone: 1-613-773-2342 (local or international)
- Media relations
- Telephone: 613-773-6600