PC Blue Menu brand Artichoke & Asiago Dip recalled due to undeclared egg
- Starting date:
- September 18, 2020
- Type of communication:
- Alert sub-type:
- Food Recall Warning (Allergen)
- Allergen - Egg
- Hazard classification:
- Class 1
- Source of recall:
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Recalling firm:
- Loblaw Companies Limited
- Extent of the product distribution:
- CFIA reference number:
Ottawa, September 18, 2020 - Loblaw Companies Limited is recalling PC Blue Menu brand Artichoke & Asiago Dip from the marketplace because it may contain egg which is not declared on the label. People with an allergy to egg should not consume the recalled product described below.
|PC Blue Menu||Artichoke & Asiago Dip (on lid)
(side label states Tzatziki Yogurt Dip)
|227 g||0 60383 03697 3||2020 OC 31|
What you should do
Check to see if you have the recalled product in your home. Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
If you have an allergy to egg, do not consume the recalled product as it may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction.
- Learn more about common food allergies
- Sign up for recall notifications by email and follow us on social media
- View our detailed explanation of the food safety investigation and recall process
- Report a food safety or labelling concern
Who is affected
There have been no reported reactions associated with the consumption of this product.
This recall was triggered bythe company. The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products. If other high-risk products are recalled, the CFIA will notify the public through updated Food Recall Warnings.
The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing the recalled product from the marketplace.
Select thumbnail to enlarge - opens in a new window
- Company information
- Loblaw Companies Limited: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public enquiries
- Toll-free: 1-800-442-2342 (Canada and U.S.)
Telephone: 1-613-773-2342 (local or international)
- Media relations
- Telephone: 613-773-6600