Nestlé Good Start - Soothe (infant formula) recalled due to possible presence of Cronobacter sakazakii
Do not consume, use, sell, serve, or distribute recalled products
Nestlé Good Start
Soothe (infant formula)
0 55000 38369 1
Batch no: 301757651Z (EXP 2024 JL 18), 301757652Z (EXP 2024 JL 18), 301857651Z (EXP 2024 JL 19)
The affected product is being recalled from the marketplace due to possible Cronobacter sakazakii contamination.
The recalled product has been sold nationally.
What you should do
- If you think you became sick from consuming a recalled product, call your doctor
- Check to see if you have the recalled products in your home or establishment
- Do not consume the recalled products
- Do not serve, use, sell, or distribute the recalled products
- Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the location where they were purchased
Food contaminated with Cronobacter sakazakii may not look or smell spoiled but can still make you sick. Although Cronobacter sakazakii is not commonly linked to human illness, in rare cases it can cause serious or fatal infections. Cronobacter sakazakii can cause rare bloodstream and central nervous system infections and has been associated with severe intestinal infection (necrotizing enterocolitis) and blood poisoning (sepsis), especially in newborns.
This recall was triggered by the company.
There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of this product.
What is being done
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products.
The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing recalled products from the marketplace.
Perrigo Company plc
Media and public enquiries
Perrigo Company plc
Media Relations: Tim Schramm, 908-370-4771, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1-800-387-4636 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. EST (Monday - Friday)
- email@example.com or https://www.madewithnestle.ca/help/contact
Toll-free: 1-800-442-2342 (Canada and U.S.)
Telephone: 1-613-773-2342 (local or international)