iChoc brand Vegan Bars may contain improperly declared milk
- Starting date:
- May 24, 2020
- Type of communication:
- Alert sub-type:
- Food Safety Warning (Allergen)
- Allergen - Milk
- Hazard classification:
- Source of recall:
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Recalling firm:
- Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Newfoundland and Labrador
- Extent of the product distribution:
Last updated: 2020-05-24
Ottawa, May 24, 2020 - The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is warning people with an allergy to milk not to consume the products described below because they may contain milk which is improperly declared on the label. The products were imported by Ecoideas in Markham, Ontario.
|iChoc||White Vanilla Vegan Bar||80 g||4 044889 002720||12.2020
|iChoc||Classic Vegan â Vegan Bar made with Rice Drink||80 g||4 044889 002966||11.2020
What you should do
Check to see if you have the affected products in your home. If you have an allergy to milk, do not consume the products as they may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction.
- Learn more about common food allergies
- Sign up for recall notifications by email and follow us on social media
- View our detailed explanation of the food safety investigation and recall process
- Report a food safety or labelling concern
Who is affected
There have been reported reactions associated with the consumption of these products.
This warning was triggered by consumer complaints. The CFIA is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of these or other products. If products are recalled, the CFIA will notify the public through a Food Recall Warning.
Select thumbnail to enlarge - opens in a new window
- Public enquiries
- Toll-free: 1-800-442-2342 (Canada and U.S.)
Telephone: 1-613-773-2342 (local or international)
- Media relations
- Telephone: 613-773-6600