Harvest brand Polish Sausages may be unsafe due to undercooking
- Starting date:
- January 14, 2021
- Type of communication:
- Alert sub-type:
- Food Recall Warning
- Hazard classification:
- Class 2
- Source of recall:
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Recalling firm:
- Harvest Meats
- Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Northwest Territories, Ontario, Saskatchewan
- Extent of the product distribution:
- CFIA reference number:
Ottawa, January 14, 2021 - Harvest Meats is recalling Harvest brand Polish Sausages from the marketplace due to undercooking. Consumers should not consume the recalled product described below.
|Harvest||Polish Sausages||675 g||0 57393 70017 8||BEST BEFORE 2021MR15|
What you should do
Check to see if you have the recalled product in your home. Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
Undercooked food may contain bacterial pathogens which can make you sick.
- Learn more about the health risks
- Sign up for recall notifications by email and follow us on social media
- View our detailed explanation of the food safety investigation and recall process
- Report a food safety or labelling concern
Who is affected
There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of this product.
This recall was triggered by the company. The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products. If other high-risk products are recalled, the CFIA will notify the public through updated Food Recall Warnings.
The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing the recalled product from the marketplace.
Select thumbnail to enlarge - opens in a new window
- Company information
- Harvest Meats: 1-800-667-1496 ext. 358
- Public enquiries
- Toll-free: 1-800-442-2342 (Canada and U.S.)
Telephone: 1-613-773-2342 (local or international)
- Media relations
- Telephone: 613-773-6600