This page has been archived on the Web

Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.

Consumer product recall

Halogen Telescopic Desk Lamp

Starting date:
July 2, 2013
Posting date:
July 2, 2013
Type of communication:
Consumer Product Recall
Household Items
Source of recall:
Health Canada
Product Safety
General Public
Identification number:

Affected products

Halogen Telescopic Desk Lamp

Product description

This recall involves a black halogen telescopic desk lamp identified by model number 52251.

Hazard identified

It has been determined that the recalled lamps with the date codes 06/11 and 08/10 are not authorized to bear the Underwriters Laboratory (UL) certification mark.

Neither Health Canada nor Globe Electric Company has received any reports of incidents or injuries to Canadians related to the use of these lamps.

Number sold

Approximately 1,000 units of the recalled lamps were sold at Canadian Tire stores across Canada.

Time period sold

The recalled lamps were sold in August 2011.

Place of origin

Manufactured in China.


Globe Electric Company Inc.

Images (select thumbnail to enlarge - opens in a new window)

What you should do

Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled lamps and contact Globe consumer service to receive a certified replacement.

For more information, consumers may contact Globe Electric customer service by telephone at 1-800-361-6761.

Consumers may also view the recall notice on the [NJS_FILE:3dd32d88-8ed3-4649-9b5d-64e7ed5b1795:3184ddb0-3463-4a6f-a570-090c55f77077].

Please note that the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act prohibits recalled products from being redistributed, sold or even given away in Canada.

Health Canada would like to remind Canadians to report any health or safety incidents related to the use of this product or any other consumer product or cosmetic by filling out the Consumer Product Incident Report Form.