Goraesa brand Fish Cakes recalled due to undeclared egg
- Starting date:
- February 14, 2020
- Type of communication:
- Alert sub-type:
- Food Recall Warning (Allergen)
- Allergen - Egg
- Hazard classification:
- Class 1
- Source of recall:
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Recalling firm:
- PK Trading Inc.
- Manitoba, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Quebec
- Extent of the product distribution:
- CFIA reference number:
Last updated: 2020-03-05
Ottawa, February 14, 2020 - PK Trading Inc. is recalling Goraesa brand Fish Cakes from the marketplace because they may contain egg which is not declared on the label. People with an allergy to egg should not consume the recalled products described below.
|Goraesa||Octopus Fish Cake||130 g||8 809265 021766||2021.05.16|
|Goraesa||Vegetable Fish Cake||130 g||8 809265 021711||2021.05.16|
What you should do
Check to see if you have the recalled products in your home. Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
If you have an allergy to egg, do not consume the recalled products as they may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction.
- Learn more about common food allergies
- Sign up for recall notifications by email and follow us on social media
- View our detailed explanation of the food safety investigation and recall process
- Report a food safety or labelling concern
Who is affected
There have been no reported reactions associated with the consumption of these products.
This recall was triggered by Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) test results. The CFIA is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products. If other high-risk products are recalled, the CFIA will notify the public through updated Food Recall Warnings.
The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing the recalled products from the marketplace.
Select thumbnail to enlarge - opens in a new window
2020-03-05 | Food
- Public enquiries
- Toll-free: 1-800-442-2342 (Canada and U.S.)
Telephone: 1-613-773-2342 (local or international)
- Media relations
- Telephone: 613-773-6600