Certain Zabiha Halal brand and Maple Lodge Farms brand Chicken Wiener products recalled due to undeclared pea protein
Do not consume recalled products to which you are allergic or sensitive.
|Zabiha Halal||Original Chicken Wieners||450 g||0 67714 00203 4||All Best Before dates from 2022.JN.30 up to and including 2022.SE.28|
|Maple Lodge Farms||Original Chicken Wieners||450 g||0 67714 00001 6||All Best Before dates from 2022.JN.30 up to and including 2022.SE.28|
|Zabiha Halal||Corn Dog||1 kg||0 67714 00838 8||
The affected products are being recalled from the marketplace because they contain pea protein which is not declared on the label.
The recalled products have been sold nationally.
What you should do
- Check to see if you have recalled products
- Do not consume recalled products to which you are allergic or sensitive as they may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction
- Do not serve, use, sell or distribute recalled products
- Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the location where they were purchased
This recall was triggered by a consumer complaint.
There has been one reported reaction associated with the consumption of these products.
What is being done
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products.
The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing recalled products from the marketplace.
Maple Lodge Farms Ltd.
Media and public enquiries
- Company information
- Maple Lodge Farms Ltd.
- Public enquiries
- Toll-free: 1-800-442-2342 (Canada and U.S.)
Telephone: 1-613-773-2342 (local or international)
- Media relations
- Telephone: 613-773-6600