Archived – MEGA Brands MagnaMan Magnetic Action Figures
- Starting date:
- March 1, 2008
- Posting date:
- March 1, 2008
- Type of communication:
- Consumer Product Recall
- Childrens' Products, Toys
- Source of recall:
- Health Canada
- Product Safety, Physical Hazard
- General Public
- Identification number:
MEGA Brands MagnaMan Magnetic Action Figures
The MagnaMan magnetic toys are action figures that have body parts that attach with magnets. They come in either a "Futuristic Warrior" or "Ancient Warrior" theme. Each action figure comes with three accessories.
The following MagnaMan toys are included in the recall:
- Alien, Green, Model: 28170
- Robotor, Red, Model: 28171
- Flame, Orange, Model: 28172
- Gigantor, Blue, Model: 28173
- Toyoto the Samurai, Purple, Model: 28164
- Sir Lancelot the Knight, Gray, Model: 28165
- Eric the Viking, Blue, Model: 28166
- Brutus the Gladiator, Yellow, Model: 28167
- Robot Assortment, Model: 28198
- Vac Metal, Model: 28327
- 4-Pack, Model: 28175
- 3-Pack, Model: 28393
- 2-Pack, Model: 28392
- Vac Metal Assortment, Model: 28327
- Assortment, Models: 28254 and 28199
Small magnets inside the figures can detach. Detached magnets can be swallowed or inhaled. If more than one magnet is swallowed, the magnets can attract to each other and cause intestinal perforations or blockages, which can be fatal.
Health Canada has not received reports of ingestion incidents with the recalled toys.
For more information on the hazards of ingesting small magnets, visit the Healthy Canadians page on Magnets.
Approximately 90,400 MagnaMan toys were sold in Canada.
Time period sold
From January 2006 to March 2008
MEGA Brands Inc.
What you should do
Consumers are instructed to immediately take the recalled toys away from children, and look for and remove any small magnets that may have detached from the toys.
MEGA Brands Inc. can be contacted for a free replacement toy.
For additional information, contact MEGA Brands at 1-800-779-7122 between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or visit the firm's Web site.