Help us improve our website

Consumer product recall

AP Industries recalls "Cozy" convertible cribs

Starting date:
April 10, 2014
Posting date:
April 10, 2014
Type of communication:
Consumer Product Recall
Children's Products
Source of recall:
Health Canada
Strangulation Hazard
General Public
Identification number:

Affected products

"Cozy" convertible cribs manufactured by AP Industries

Product description

This recall involves “Cozy” convertible cribs manufactured by AP Industries. The recalled cribs can be identified by the model number 1005‐0240 and come in the following finishes:

  • cottage white (007),
  • antique white (008),
  • espresso (013),
  • anthracite (032),
  • caramel (043),
  • amaretto (049),
  • paris (077),
  • sand dune — rubbed (081),
  • sand dune (082),
  • porto (087).

Hazard identified

The slats on the short sides of the crib can detach from the top and bottom horizontal rails, which can pose a strangulation, entrapment and fall hazard to infants and toddlers.

Two incidents involving slats that became detached have been reported to Health Canada. However, there were no injuries.

For more information on crib requirements in Canada, the safe use of cribs, and safe sleeping practices, see the Safe sleep page on the Government of Canada's Healthy Canadians website.

Number sold

Approximately 60 of the recalled cribs were sold in Canada.

Time period sold

The recalled cribs were sold from August to November 2012.

Place of origin

Manufactured in Canada.



Les Industries AP Inc.




Images (select thumbnail to enlarge - opens in a new window)

What you should do

Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled cribs and dispose of them in a way that they cannot be used as the importer is no longer in business.

Please note that the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act prohibits recalled products from being redistributed, sold or even given away in Canada.

Health Canada would like to remind Canadians to report any health or safety incidents related to the use of this product or any other consumer product or cosmetic by filling out the Consumer Product Incident Report Form.