Amy's brand Golden Lentil Dal Soup recalled due to undeclared egg protein
- Starting date:
- January 16, 2021
- Type of communication:
- Alert sub-type:
- Food Recall Warning (Allergen)
- Allergen - Egg
- Hazard classification:
- Class 1
- Source of recall:
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Recalling firm:
- Amy's Kitchen Inc.
- British Columbia, Ontario, Possibly National, Quebec
- Extent of the product distribution:
- CFIA reference number:
Ottawa, January 16, 2021 - Amy's Kitchen Inc. is recalling Amy's brand Golden Lentil Dal Soup from the marketplace because it may contain egg protein which is not declared on the label. People with an allergy to egg should not consume the recalled products described below.
|Amy's||Golden Lentil Dal Soup||398 mL||0 42272 90593 5||Best Before 06/2023
What you should do
Check to see if you have the recalled product in your home. Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
If you have an allergy to egg, do not consume the recalled product as it may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction.
- Learn more about the health risks
- Sign up for recall notifications by email and follow us on social media
- View our detailed explanation of the food safety investigation and recall process
- Report a food safety or labelling concern
Who is affected
There have been no reported reactions associated with the consumption of this product.
This recall was triggered by Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) test results. The CFIA is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products. If other high-risk products are recalled, the CFIA will notify the public through updated Food Recall Warnings.
The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing the recalled product from the marketplace.
Select thumbnail to enlarge - opens in a new window
- Public enquiries
- Toll-free: 1-800-442-2342 (Canada and U.S.)
Telephone: 1-613-773-2342 (local or international)
- Media relations
- Telephone: 613-773-6600